What is a Business Mindset and How do I Achieve One?
I can’t promise that this article will allow you to become the next investing mogul of our century but I can sum up some of the key habits you’ll need in order to achieve a proper business-mindset and make decisions that will lead to positive impacts on your life.
1. Establish Who You Are: Find YOUR passions, hobbies and go-to methods to keep you going. What is it that you like? Warren’s biggest advice that he gives in almost all his interviews is to find what you love. He has loved investing since he was about 8 years old and that’s what he has been doing for all his life. So what is it that makes your soul happy? Can you create your hobbies into a career and does it better our community? When your’e stressed out, what are some of the things you do to lessen your stress and improve your productivity? ** If you find your go-to methods are unhealthy, change them now. The older you get, the more stubborn you get.
2. Create a worth ethic. Notice, the work never stops after schooling. In all aspect of life, you will continue to put work into everything you do. The more productive work you create, the less labor intensive or less busy work you will have to do. It’s a work ethic that will get you far. The characters building activities that you need to do will make you successful in life.
3. Become a Goal-Setter. For short-term goals and long term goals. What does that even mean? Well what do you want in life. Are you trying to become a millionaire? Then actually calculate out the numbers you need to get there. Will your short term goal be to make 100k a month? If you really want to make 1.2 million this year, that’s the goal. Always break down your BIG goals to see what you need to do every day to achieve them.
4. Stay a dreamer, but be realistic. Too many self help books will not allow you to progress yet put you in a mindset that everything in life is peachy and happens for a reason. You create what happens in your life, people may enter and exit your life for a reason but you allow things to impact you or not. Your dreams are great, they can be innovative but this again goes to short term goals. Realistic dreams doesn’t mean enslave yourself to something you hate to make money and build your resume. We all need money to survive so be realistic if you have none and what you’re spending on.
5. Always remember to budget, if you haven’t started before. Start now. Start saving your money. Plan for retirement. Plan to have four sources of income at minimum. I’m not saying go out and get four jobs, I’m saying figure out how you can allow the money you’re making work for you. Warren tip: Live below your means and if you want to live luxuriously, make enough so that is still below your means. Warren has been living in his same Nebraska house for years. Take the money you have extra, even if it is 5 dollars and start investing, the smart way. Stay away from a broker and look into index funds.
6. Network with people, no, networking does not mean smoozing. Some people say “I’m so bad at networking or I don’t like to smooze” well newsflash on both, networking simply means finding connections you achieve life flash pass access. Networking with people can allow you to get a mentor to achieve the goals you want. Every successful person has a mentor. Its mutually beneficial. Smoozing is not networking, being a kiss ass is not networking. You can be a flattering person but there is no need to grovel at another persons feet because you think the connection would be good for you. Most likely if somebody makes you beg for their attention, that isn’t a connection you would want to keep anyways.
7. TAKE CARE OF YOUR HEALTH, both mentally and physically
Lay off the alcohol, you’ve had those days that you could day drink and it’s socially acceptable, you’ll still have those days but realize the impacts that’s going to make on you when you’re alone and with new people. Also realize that if you say you’re broke all the time and yet you go out and drink on the weekeneds spending at least $50 dollars on drinks alone, well you’re not really broke. Take that money and invest it. Physical health means work out at least 30 minutes a day. Keep your heart healthy, all the money in the world will not buy you a new life.
8. Balance your priorities. The balance of work and family is never really equal in time for either. Its mostly intertwined lifestyles. Remember YOU put in the effort for relationships, and for your career goals.
Best way for good business. Do all things with the intention to better the world we live in. The impact you decide to do with your life is much bigger than one life.
**Do you already have a business and see it struggling? Have you considered taking sometime to invest in a course that will allow you to take your business to the next level? Join this program and watch how your life excels. The best investment, is investing in yourself with things that help you improve. (nope, investing in chocolates and desserts and fancy things to “treat yoself” when you have no money is no way improvement.) This means figuring out if your business model is actually the right business model for you.